By now, you’ve probably heard that the Conners are coming back. If the name isn’t familiar to you, then you might remember them better as the cast of “Roseanne.” “Roseanne” was one of the biggest television comedy hits of the 90’s and originally aired from 1988 to 1997 on ABC.
Since May, we’ve seen a lot about ABC reviving the series, here is everything we know about the series so far:
1. In season 9, Dan had died of a heart attack, Jackie was as a lesbian, and David and Darlene were breaking up. However, that season ended with a “Dallas”-esque ending when they revealed it had all been created in Roseanne’s mind. So the big question was, how are they bringing back Dan? Well, they plan to ignore that whole disaster.
2. Last month, ABC added another episode to the order, bringing the series up to nine episodes.
3. All of the key original cast members have signed on to be in the show. This includes Roseanne Barr (Roseanne), John Goodman (Dan), Sara Gilbert (Darlene), Laurie Metcalf (Jackie), Michael Fishman (D.J.) and Lecy Goranson (Becky).
4. The actress who played Becky in later seasons, Sarah Chalke, will also have a role in the series.
5. Sara Gilbert will be the executive producer along with returning producers Tom Werner, Bruce Helford and Roseanne Barr.
6. New production staff includes Whitney Cummings and Tony Hernandez.
7. In July, we learned that there was a search for actors to portray the children of Darlene and David. So far the new names on the IMDB casting include 18-year-old Macaulay Callard as Mac, 18-year-old Emma Kenney (Shameless) as Harris Connor and newcomer Ames McNamara as Mark.
8. The new series is slated to air on ABC in 2018.