Comedian/TV personality Chris Hardwick has had his finger on the pulse of pop culture for some time now. Not only that, but he’s also dang near omnipresent; whether he’s on his year-round Talking series of shows on AMC, his Nerdist Podcast, touring and performing stand-up, hosting the hit NBC game show The Wall, and countless others.
Now, the geek culture guru has created a music/comedy/comic festival that already is primed to be the epic event of 2017. Coming to California’s Silicon Valley on Saturday, June 24th & Sunday, June 25th, the ID10T Music Festival + Comic Conival is a two-day event at the Shoreline Amphitheater featuring musical performances, some of comedy’s top talent today, cosplay, gaming, and a comic con all rolled into one.
“Over the years, I’ve enjoyed an INORDINATE amount of time at music festivals, comedy festivals, comic-cons, craft fairs, and gaming conventions,” Hardwick said. “My goal with ID10T is to create a 2-day mega-event that mashes all of my favorite parts of them together, and Silicon Valley is the PERFECT place to do it.”
ID10T Creative Director and Co-Producer Rob Tweedie added, “I’m an avid comic book reader and borderline obsessive Star Wars fan, but I love music and comedy too. There’s so much crossover in pop culture, why not create a festival that celebrates all of these passions? We at SGE are so excited to see this idea to come to life, not just as creators but as attendees.”
Here’s a look at a recent press release, courtesy of AM-Media:
FIRST-EVER ID10T MUSIC FESTIVAL & COMIC CONIVAL
CREATED AND HOSTED BY COMEDIAN CHRIS HARDWICK
Adds Musical Guests Tank And The Bangas;
Comedians Greg Proops, Brent Weinbach, Dan Mintz & more;
Plus New Comic Books Artists
2-Day Festival Will Feature Music Performances and Comedy Sets By Today’s Top Artists
Plus Panels, Autograph Signings, Cosplay Tent, Comic Book Artists Alley, and Exhibitor Village
Saturday, June 24th & Sunday, June 25th
in Silicon Valley, CA at the Shoreline Amphitheatre and Surrounding Grounds
Los Angeles, CA (March 23, 2017) — ID10T Music Festival & Comic Conival will take over the Shoreline Amphitheatre and surrounding grounds in Mountain View, CA on Saturday, June 24th and Sunday, June 25th. Created and hosted by Chris Hardwick, one of the most recognizable faces in pop culture fandom and one of today’s top touring standup comedians, ID10T (pronounced I-D-ten-T) will combine chart-topping musicians, renowned comedians, makers, and some of the most influential people in the entertainment industry, together in one place for a once-in-a-lifetime weekend experience.
Today, ID10T has announced a slew of additions to its already impressive lineup. Musical guest Tank And The Bangas have been added to Saturday’s Shoreline Amphitheatre Main Stage lineup, alongside Weezer, OK Go, Lord Huron, and more. With their fun and uniquely energetic sound, Tank And The Bangas were the winners of the 2017 NPR Music Tiny Desk Contest. Comedians Greg Proops, Brent Weinbach, Dan Mintz, Marcella Arguello, Jonah Ray, and Mike Phirman have been added to the Monster Energy Comedy Tent and the following comic book artists have been added: Donny Cates, Jai Nitz, Justin Greenwood, Matthew Southworth, Morgan Beem, Ngozi Ukazu, Brent Schoonover, and Phil Hester.
The two-day groundbreaking event will feature all of the best components of a music festival, plus the addition of comedy, comic book fandom, and entertainment, all in an outdoor setting. Each day, pop culture enthusiasts will have the opportunity to roam exhibitor booths, meet comic book artists, and catch their favorite TV and movie casts on back-to-back panels and podcasts, including a special live taping of Hardwick‘s own Nerdist Podcast. In the evening, the grounds will transition into a music and comedy hall for live performances from some of today’s top artists and comedians. Hardwick will be onsite to host the event, moderate the main panels, and introduce select bands and comedy performers.
Produced by Live Nation and Synergy Global Entertainment (SGE), ID10T will feature three entertainment stages; an interactive festival area with games, rides, and fan experiences; a massive exhibitor village; and a curated artist alley where some of the biggest names in comic books and entertainment will meet fans, showcase their art, discuss their craft, sign autographs, and more.
The Shoreline Amphitheatre Main Stage will feature a diverse musical lineup with performances by Weezer, Girl Talk, Lord Huron, Crystal Castles, TV On The Radio, OK Go, Animal Collective, Car Seat Headrest, The Mowgli’s, Robert DeLong, Mothers, Ron Gallo, Tank And The Bangas, and more to be announced.
- The Mad Decent Dance/Cosplay Tent will feature some of today’s premier DJs and electronic music acts with performances by Madeon, Zeds Dead, Jai Wolf, TroyBoi, Gryffin, Party Favor, Ape Drums, 4B, Wax Motif, and more to be announced. The tent will also host nightly Cosplay contests.
- The Monster Energy Comedy Tent will feature sets by some of today’s most entertaining comedians in an intimate, club-like setting. Hosted by April Richardson, performers will include Demetri Martin, Michael Che, Nikki Glaser, Garfunkel and Oates, Michael Ian Black, Brian Posehn, Greg Proops, Brent Weinbach, Hampton Yount, Matt Braunger, Dan Mintz, Marcella Arguello, Jonah Ray, Mike Phirman, Yassir Lester, and more to be announced.
- A preliminary list of participating comic companies includes Skybound, Valiant, Oni, Boom! Studios, Top Shelf, AfterShock, Insight Editions, Aspen, and HowToons. Comic artists will include Cameron Stewart, Babs Tarr, Becky Cloonan, Andrew Robinson, Rick Remender, Matteo Scalera, Jason Shawn Alexander, Gerry Duggan, Phil Noto, Nick Dragotta, Donny Cates, Jai Nitz, Justin Greenwood, Matthew Southworth, Morgan Beem, Ngozi Ukazu, Brent Schoonover, Phil Hester, Ramon Villalobos and many more to be announced.
Saturday, June 24th and Sunday, June 25th
1 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043
ID10T is partnering with some terrific sponsors as well,
such as Monster Energy Drink, Peet’s Coffee and Tea, Lyft, Snickers,
Krave Jerky, Musicians Institute, Sirius XM, Jelly Belly, Toyota, and more!
Tickets for ID10T are on sale now at www.ID10TFest.com.
All tickets including festival general admission, reserved seating and VIP have free roaming access to the festival area, which includes the Mad Decent Dance/Cosplay Tent, Monster Energy Comedy Tent, and full exhibitor village.
Festival General Admission Tickets start at $55,
Amphitheater Main Stage Reserved Seating Tickets start at $77.50,
and Weekend Passes start at $99.
A limited number of single-day VIP packages will also be available for purchase for those over 21 years of age:
- Festival VIP Lounge + General Admission packages are $150 and include 1 general admission ticket to the day of your choice, which includes priority line for entry into daily panels; and access to the VIP Lounge, which will feature a VIP cash bar, VIP restrooms, cash food trucks, comfortable areas to sit and relax; a limited edition ID10T poster; and a limited edition ID10T tote bag.
- Festival VIP Lounge + Reserved Seating packages are $199 and include 1 reserved ticket to the day of your choice within rows 10-30 at the Amphitheatre Main Stage; priority line for entry into daily panels; and access to the VIP Lounge which will feature a VIP cash bar, VIP restrooms, cash food trucks, comfortable areas to sit and relax; a limited edition ID10T poster; and a limited edition ID10T tote bag.
- Backstage VIP Lounge packages are $299 and include 1 reserved ticket to the day of your choice within rows 1-10 at the Amphitheatre Main Stage; guaranteed seating in rows 1-5 at daily panels (must be seated by the time the panel begins); priority line for entry into daily panels; access to both the Backstage VIP Lounge and the Festival VIP Lounge, which will both feature VIP cash bars, VIP restrooms, cash food trucks, and comfortable areas to sit and relax; a limited edition ID10T poster; and a limited edition ID10T tote bag.
About Live Nation Entertainment
Live Nation Entertainment (NYSE: LYV) is the world’s leading live entertainment company comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, Live Nation Advertising & Sponsorship and Artist Nation Management. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com.
About Synergy Global Entertainment, Inc.
Synergy Global Entertainment, Inc. (SGE) is one of the world’s premier music festival production companies. With hundreds of live events worldwide each year, SGE works with agencies, brands and musical talent to produce or co-produce concerts across various genres and interests. SGE produces and curates Funny Or Die’s ODDBALL Comedy And Curiosity Festival, Ohana Dana Point, and co-produces a number of craft beer & music festivals including Driftwood — Orange County’s biggest country festival on the sand. In addition, SGE co-produced the Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival and the worldwide Rockstar Taste of Chaos, produced the Rockstar Energy UPROAR Festival and conceived and developed KNOTFEST with Slipknot and 5B Artist Management. SGE has also produced many other national festivals and tours. SGE senior staff have a combined 60 years of experience in artist management, large scale festival production and brand integration, and have worked with artists as diverse as Guns N’ Roses and The Cure. SGE excels at integrating brands’ needs with large scale musical entertainment. Visit SGE at http://sgeworldwide.com/.
About Chris Hardwick
Chris Hardwick is a comedian, actor, TV host, author, writer, producer, and podcaster whose quick wit and up-to-the-minute intellect have made him the voice for a generation of pop culture enthusiasts. Hardwick currently serves as founder, CEO, and creative head of Nerdist Industries, a media empire under the Legendary Digital Network that includes Hardwick’s own incredibly successful Nerdist Podcast, which he continues to host weekly and garners over 5.5M downloads per month. Additionally, he serves as host and executive producer of Comedy Central’s two-time Emmy Award-winning nightly comedy game show @midnight; host and executive producer of NBC’s hit game show series The Wall; and host and executive producer of several AMC programs as part of his extensive multi-year deal, including the highly rated Talking Dead, Talking Dead: Fear Edition, Talking Saul, Talking Preacher, and the newly-announced extension series Talking with Chris Hardwick. Off-screen, he continues to tour the country as a standup comedian. His latest comedy special, Funcomfortable, premiered on Comedy Central in April 2016 and is currently available across digital platforms.
Follow Chris Hardwick Online: