The Nintendo 3DS Super Nintendo Virtual Console library has just made some additions recently certain to bring back memories. Such nostalgic hits such as Donkey Kong Country Returns, EarthBound, and Mario Kart are now available at the Nintendo eShop. Each game will sell for the now standard price of $7.99 for SNES titles on the New Nintendo 3DS virtual console. EarthBound, though, is selling for $9.99. These classic games are part of the Virtual Console service, which brings you great games created for consoles such as NES, Super NES and Game Boy Advance, to play on the New Nintendo 3DS system. You’ll also find other classic favorites at the eShop like Super Mario World and Pilotwings.
Donkey Kong Country 2, Super Metroid, and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past will be made available on April 14, 2016. Here’s a look at the three recently added titles…
Donkey Kong Country takes inspiration from the Mario Bros. platforms. You play as Donkey Kong who is accompanied by his nephew Diddy Kong. Together, the duo must reclaim their stolen bananas from the vile King K. Rule and his Kremling lackeys. Each character brings their own level of expertise with Donkey Kong being the hulking muscle and Diddy Kong being the swift yet clever side-kick. You must work together using a clever mix of wits and brawn to emerge victorious.
EarthBound! Intergalactic terror strikes the small town of Onett as a blazing extraterrestrial object crashes in the night! The Earth now faces imminent destruction by the universal evil threat, Giygas. A courageous boy names Ness, and his three friends, vow to save the planet from hideous destruction! Battle hundreds of off-the-wall monsters, roaming dinosaurs and alien enemies! Journey to exotic locations like Saturn Valley, Dusty Dunes Desert, and Deep Darkness. The ultimate test lies in the impending encounter with the all-powerful Giygas!
The newest installment of the fan-favorite Mario Kart™ franchise brings Mushroom Kingdom racing fun into glorious 3D. For the first time, drivers explore new competitive kart possibilities, such as soaring through the skies or plunging into the depths of the sea. New courses, strategic new abilities and customizable karts bring the racing excitement to new heights.
- The Mario Kart franchise continues to evolve. New kart abilities add to the wild fun that the games are known for. On big jumps, a kart deploys a wing to let it glide over the track shortcut. When underwater, a propeller pops out to help the kart cruise across the sea floor.
- Players can show their own style by customizing their vehicles with accessories that give them a competitive advantage. For instance, giant tires help a kart drive off-road, while smaller tires accelerate quickly on paved courses.
- People can choose to race as one of their favorite Mushroom Kingdom characters or even as their Mii™ character.
- New courses take players on wild rides over mountains, on city streets and through a dusty desert. Nintendo fans will recognize new courses on Wuhu Island and in the jungles from Donkey Kong Country™ Returns.
- The game supports both SpotPass™ and StreetPass™ features.
- Players can compete in local wireless matches or online over a broadband Internet connection.
Here’s a great video giving you a look at these games available for download at the Nintendo eShop:
Video courtesy of NinEverything